1. How can I tell the nipple flow level?
- Each nipple has a small dot on the top surface. The number of dots indicates the level.
- It is safest to start with a lower-flow nipple and move up depending on your baby. Each bottle includes a Level 1 nipple size.
2. How do I quickly take the air out of the bottle before feeding?
- Please note it is not necessary to slightly undo the lid to remove the air, it may just take an additional 30 seconds depending.
3. What if I can't squeeze all the air out prior to feeding?
- It's ok! With only small amounts of fluid in the bottle, it may be difficult to push out 100% of the air. Don't worry, the bottle will still work great with air inside. By pushing out any amount of air, it's easier to keep the nipple full of fluid and reduce the chances for colic.
4. Why is the bottle leaking?
Your Flipsi bottle should never leak! If you experience a leak, check to make sure the silicone nipple and base are fully seated in the top and bottom caps:
- If the bottle still leaks, it may need replacing. Please contact us here.
5. How do I measure the amount of milk left after feeding?
- Due to the air eliminating design, measuring the remaining amount of milk directly after feeding may be difficult. Here is what we do:
6. Is the Flipsi Baby bottle microwave, dishwasher, freezer, and boiling water safe?
7. When should I replace the nipple?
- Nipples should be replaced about every three months. Always inspect the nipple for signs of cracking/breaking before giving it to your baby. If any wear is observed, replace the nipple immediately.
8. The bottle has developed a smell, how do I get rid of it?
- Don't worry! Simply boil the silicone components in water for 5-10 minutes with a tablespoon of baking soda and the smell should come right out. This process can be repeated as many times as necessary.
9. How to quickly assemble the bottle?
10. What bottle warmers work with Flipsi bottles?
- We have confirmed that "The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer" works with the Flipsi bottle. Some others that should work are the The Kiinde Kozi, Munchkin High-Speed, Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature, Born Free Tru-Temp, Boon Orb, and Avent Express. The diameter of the Flipsi bottle below the top cap is ~2.7" (or 70mm). Any bottle warmer for "wide-mouth" bottles with an opening larger than that should also work well.